Sunday, February 24, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

So this is a little late for this year, but a great archive for next year. I had a blast planning Valentine's Day for my little family this year. For many years, I worked in a traditional florist that produced a ton of fresh flowers for the day of LOVE. I miss the hub bub... I think. So here is a little bit of the fun that was in store for the family.
 
 
I started with the pergola we built in the back yard.  What a great place to stage our fun.  Winter is SOOO dreary!  But I will fix that!
 
 
 
Ahhh... handmade pennants out of the left over Valentine's Day fabric I had stored away.  Make a template for the pennant and start cutting.  I just sewed all the triangles onto a double satin faced ribbon, and then hung each strand between the pergola supports.



Another shot, but my was it cold while hanging all of these.

The kids fun picnic area, staged with white eyelet, a square of fun hot pink fabric and a vase full of fun purple colored water.



What Christopher will see as he gets home from work.  I love the red chandelier with mason jars.



Since I try and keep up with some fun DIY ideas for weddings, one of my brides used this idea to lead her guests to an outdoor venue.  Powdered food coloring, flour and a stencil I made out of cardboard.  I thought the kids would enjoy helping with this project...They just wanted to help make a mess!

Hearts for my honey, leading him up the driveway.
 
I couldn't forget the fun snacks for our picnic.  Premade sugar cookies with our favorite character, strawberries, blueberries and chocolate icing.



Mine and Christopher's snack plate.  Just add more cookies and cheese  :-)


Let's go a little vintage and use heart dollies, a fun vintage gift bag and of course a little toast at the end of a long day enjoying 60 something degree weather... PERFECT.
 
The kids getting a big kick out of their treats and snacks.



Our youngest loving his strawberries and the fact he didn't have to wear a hat and coat.

Those sunglasses were a huge hit!  Some sun shades and some snacks, truly all a two year old needs!

 
This completely proves you can have a fantastic Valentine's day that includes the whole family right in your back yard and on a budget.  Hope this inspires your next Valentine's.

1 comment:

  1. I love the ideas and especially the children!! What a great way to show LOVE for the whole family in a friendly setting. :)

    We must remember these ideas for later.

    ReplyDelete