Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall Decorations are OUT!

Wow, the season change is already here.  I am enjoying the trees changing color on our street and it is almost CRISP in the morning.  In fact, we have already opened our windows a couple of times.  I LOVE this time of year.  So, it was time to set out fall decorations.  I make myself wait until the Tuesday after Labor day before I start the process.  I just thought you might like to see what I have going on in the house.  Spark your creativity and get you motivated too!  The best thing about fall is that you can have traditional and funky all mixed together and it all works.  Of course, I have all the scents of the season out too!




Let's start in the living room.  I am loving the metallic pumpkin look.  Still classic pumpkin shape but the color really pops on the mantle.  Some funky candle holders I have had for a while.  And of course Hobby Lobby had their fall garlands on sale.  I bought a plain leaf garland and one with just fall colored "berries".  Mixed together it gives just enough "umph" without being over the top.  The ribbons hanging are just fun.  The fan is usually on so the just dance around catching the eye.




I love my "hand carved" pumpkins.  They are really resin that I found at Kohl's.  The pottery is crafted by Shelia Clark, she is from Cleveland, MS.  The runner I just took some burlap, left the sides to fray and added a pretty sheer ribbon.  The ribbon has some shimmer and metallic to it so it helps jazz up the rustic look of the pumpkins and burlap.




My fun and funky witches hats for my kitchen island!  They are new this year.  I made them from floral cones!!  Black foam made the brims.  Then I just found fabric and ribbon to match the Halloween feel.  I love the ribbon embellishments!   The little bit of Diva in me is showing.


Not to worry I will work on the outside and let you see the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment