Wednesday, August 24, 2011

House Guest Gift

You have guests, coming what do you do?  Before we had a child, I thought lots more about how to really "greet" guests.  Now I am lucky to have linens clean and the bathroom swiped down.  I love the time I spend with our little girl so life moves forward....

Here are some thoughts for a quick little happy to put on the bed before your guests get there.  Can you get any more southern than that?!!

I have a gift drawer that I keep for such occasions, but I usually take what I have purchased and dress it up a bit.  For instance, I am going to show you a quick little happy that even Emma-Catherine helped with before her "B" and "Boba" came for a visit.


I love Ross or T.J. Max.  They both have great dish towels that you can buy in a pack, 3 for $4.99 or so.  I took the towel from my gift drawer and embroidered it with a pretty fall scene.  I took some pretty fabric that I had on hand and just added it to the bottom for some extra embellishment.  If you don't have an embroidery machine then places like Kohl's usually has a sale on premade, cute hand towels for the season. 

Also, places like Pier 1 is a great place to grab some fun table decor too.  Napkins and rings or fun wine stoppers or aprons.  Most women that come over would love an updated towel for the season.

Some cute ribbon that matches... wrap it up.


Yes, Bath and Body had fall hand soap on sale and I love them all.  So the cute towel and fun soap goes on to the bed, ready for our guests.  It wasn't difficult to put together and now my mama- in -law has a fun new scent and a cute towel for the season! 

Other gift ideas:
Locally made items - soap, honey, chocolates, pottery, etc.

If people come to visit I promise they will appreciate something that is local.  Your little happy doesn't need to be expensive or extravagant.  In fact, take that cute bar of handmade soap, wrap it in brown craft paper and put a raffia bow on it.  DONE!!!  Of course,  you know your guest, if she is more of a girly girl then take that same cute soap, wrap it in a shiny metallic type paper, and put a large fluffy bow on it.  Such a small gift makes everyone feel welcome!



No comments:

Post a Comment